Sunday, October 10, 2010

Ivy's 6th Birthday party.

We had Ivy's party at our neighborhood swimming pool.
I think this is the best attendance we've had for a kid's birthday party ever! 
For the first time we did not have enough cake.

Thank you so much Becky for helping me in my first star tip cake decorating adventure.
Ivy picked the colors for the cake, I was sceptic but it actually looked really good. For some reason the colors on the pictures are just a little of. 
We handed out pool toys to all the guests and I brought at least 15 extra. I almost ran out! I have never in my parenthood career been worried about running out of party favors. 
After playing in the water it was time for cake and then presents. 
We have a million pictures of ivy opening presents and giving thank you hugs and on all of them you see my depressingly large walrus shaped self. 
Don't worry I won't burden you with all of them. 
So just lay back and relax! Ha ha, he was so funny. 
The happy birthday girl. 
Spectators
More spectators. 
Ivy's Party was a butterfly pool party so she was very happy to get a butterfly barbie.
She got spoiled rotten in general. So much stuff!  
  
Ivy in birthday heaven. 
Thank you hugs.  
Special thanks to Tyson, James and Angie for so beautifully framing this picture of my fat with skinny fit looking people! Ha ha! It's a bit poetic really.
Not to worry, I am happy to report that even though it is not visible to most people I can tell that my body is slowly but surely changing and getting healthier and stronger and lighter and wonderfully smaller. It is not happening as fast as I would like but it is happening! YAY! 
For the first time EVER we had a school friend at Ivy's birthday party. I hand out invitations to the class every year but this is the first time that anyone we did not know already actually came. 

Ivy is such a lucky girl to have so many friends. 
More thank you hugs.
And virtual Thank you hugs to all of you who wished her happy birthday from afar.



2 comments:

  1. I am so happy it turned out well this year after having only one friend last year! She is such a sweetie she deserved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! this was night and day experiences.

    ReplyDelete