Friday, September 10, 2010

Water Park

This was our first time there and it was so much fun.
If you look at the limestone island in the middle these is a current that runs from the left to the right. The kids loved it. I think this really helped Anna to want to swim because it was the first time that she felt like her attempts at swimming actually brought her forward. No matter that the current did all the work. After that she slowly started making progress and James the awesome spend a lot of time in other pools after that making her realise that she did not have to hold on for dear life to someones hand while she was in the pool. Now at the end of the swimming season she splashes around in the water happily just like the other 3.
I loved how many lifeguards there were there and they rotated them and gave them brakes often so they would be able to really pay attention. They did a great job and it made me feel a lot safer.
we also spend allot of time on the slides.
I tried to teach the kids to wait for their turn. And it mostly worked.
The girls had so much fun.
I love these action shots.
Splash!
James was past the age this was aimed at and I think he got bored allot faster than the rest of us.
After a while he took Ian on the big slide with him and I think he had more fun after that.
Dunk!
I love he water on these pictures. I really was trying to only put in a few of these but they are just so much fun that I just could not make myself delete any more of these from the post so pardon the overkill with people landing in water.
See how happy she looks?
She is such a natural when it comes to water unlike myself.
Something about those arm floaties makes the girls look very intimidating towards that little girl. Sadly since Astrid is obviously talking, there is a good chance she said something rude or just plain nuts to try to get her to move faster.
The shallow end of the pool opposite of the current is designed for babies.
This part is not.
Ian just barley passed the height requirement so he could go down the slides himself.
I just love his blurry happy face coming down the slide. The girls all had to go down with me because they are to short and let me tell you, it gets pretty fast
.And there he is happy as a clam
I just can't get over how big he is getting
His nose is working its way out of his face. his jaw is getting broader. He has my awful teeth but his daddy's full lips to cover them up.
We actually did not play in the sprinkler part much.
see how the girls are all playing with James? he is such a good uncle.
Ian coming down the other slide, by the expression on his face this was not as intense
but he still liked it.
I just love the colors on these pictures
I can enjoy the colours of summer so much better when I see them in the neutral perspective of a photo as opposed to standing outside nearly blinded and melting.
break time
my ducks in a row
I love you Anna
I love you Ian
I love you Astrid
I love you Ivy
James, guess what! I love you!
I said I love you guys!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment