Friday, June 6, 2014

When life imitates the movies.

Some times I feel like my life is a satire. Surprise you are actually having twins! RIGHT NOW! PUSH! what????
Check it out!
Mysterious rich estranged relative in law has passed away and left you an inheritance! SWEET!!! Water in the dessert! But they only left money for 2 of the 5 siblings (what?) and felt like they had already done enough for you (huh? sure it is your money we are grateful for anything, but what is this reference to?) turns out we are getting the change between the couch cushions. Oh well. But seriously how many times have someone asked you what would you do if you suddenly inherited a ton of money? I never in a million years thought we actually even be an consideration in that situation. I know my family and my 4 grandparents left me with a wonderful childhood, the best of memories, a deep respect for the people they were and filled with their love for me, even the one who often would tell me that she had her will all typed up and had it all worked out exactly who would get what never succeeded in passing anything on to us. This person might have been loaded but they did not exactly leave behind relatives feeling the way I feel about my grandparents so who was richer?

No comments:

Post a Comment