Sunday, September 12, 2010

Nappy Blob blob to me!

Have you ever read cakewrecks ? 
It is a fantastic humor blog about professionally made cakes. I have read every single post on that blog and that is a lot!
My Birthday cake this year was actually made by Jed
This is a lovely cakewrecks tribute cake. It has non coordinating colors. spelling and grammar mistakes. Misunderstood inscriptions and references to featured wrecks from the blog and that sweet personal touch of my own cake mistakes as well.
Let me explain. Or, I will let Jen from cake wrecks explain the nappy blob blob part here.
The second line on my cake is the traditional "decorator writing down the instructions on the cake" issue  
Then the last is a reference to the year when in the mist of trying to finish Ian's birthday cake while the party was going I accidental wrote my own name on his cake. Ha! I did fix it a lot nicer than how Jed did it on this cake though. So I just glanced through cakewrecks all the way back to Feb. 16th and I could not find a single example of a cake with a different color correction but I promise they exist!
We had my party at the Dennis Family's home.
They are wonderful people who are everything anyone could wish for when it comes to friends. We are very grateful for their genuine kindness through out the years.
There was a bunch of people at the party, I'm so grateful that everyone took the time to come and celebrate.
For some reason there seems to be an open mouth theme in these next pictures,
I was really spoiled! I even got presents which I did not expect!

2 comments:

  1. Happy brithday! A lady from our ward was on today's sunday sweets on cakewrecks! It's the very last cake - the dragon :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaaah that sooooo totally awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete